We love sharing our beautiful hill top location and built Kamahi Cottage as a stress-free getaway for visitors and friends. It's modelled on a tiny century-old school house nearby, where both Evan and his father started school.
If you're planning a honeymoon, special celebration or peaceful weekend the self-contained cottage is perfect.
When you stay at Kamahi Cottage you get the whole cottage. There are no other guests. Peace and quiet, breath taking views of green valleys, extinct volcanoes, rolling hills and magnificent sunsets, are yours and yours alone. You’ll be completely private, but are very welcome to share our hospitality in the nearby homestead.
Start your day with a full gourmet breakfast delivered to the cottage or served in the homestead, whenever it suits you. And if you prefer an intimate private evening, we'll deliver dinner to the cottage.
Enjoy fresh picked flowers, home baked treats, freshly ground coffee, specialty teas, port and fruit schnapps distilled from our own orchard.
Sophisticated finishing touches and attention to detail make the spacious handcrafted cottage the perfect place to relax and unwind.
Kamahi Cottage offers:
- Panoramic views and total privacy
- A family-friendly stay for a maximum of 4 guests – children are very welcome
- Full gourmet breakfasts – continental style plus a selection of cooked choices.
(We also cater for vegetarians and those with gluten or dairy allergies)
- Upstairs bedroom with queen bed, pure cotton bed linens, stylish furnishings, electric blankets, alarm clock and amazing views!
- Luxurious, double sofa-sleeper downstairs for 2 extra guests or children (all linen supplied)
- Elegant and comfortable lounge and dining area with sound system, CD collection, reading library, flat screen LCD TV, ceiling fan and electric heating
- Spacious modern bathroom with shower, heated towel rail, exclusive complimentary toiletries, hair dryer, bathrobes, fluffy towels, slippers and bed socks
- Fully equipped modern kitchenette built into a handcrafted cabinet. Complete with fridge, hot plates, microwave, cookware, crockery and cutlery for those keen to self-cater
- FREE WiFi available in our home - it's a short walk through the garden
- Complimentary fresh flowers, home baked treats, freshly ground coffee, tea assortments, port and schnapps
- Outdoor furniture and hammock chairs on the veranda for relaxing and enjoying the view
- Smoke-free interior for your health and comfort
- Comprehensive visitor information and complimentary booking services.
We can also arrange:
- Memorable home-cooked dinners accompanied by fine New Zealand wines
- Lunches and picnic hampers
- Farm tours of our 1100 acre (450 hectare) sheep and beef farm – (subject to availability and Evan’s work schedule)
- Private garden tours in the surrounding region
- Trout fishing
- Free bookings for a wide range of Waitomo & Otorohanga activities.
Rates per night:
Single $325 Double $375 3 Guests $435 4 Guests $495
(Children under 2 Years: Free)
(All rates include full gourmet breakfasts - continental + cooked choices)
If you have any queries, please contact us.